It’s been a little while since Fergie released her first album (10 years to be exact!), but the singer and wife to actor Josh Duhamel is ready to jump back on the stage. In an interview in the Summer 2015 issue of Glam Belleza Latina, Fergie gets candid on her new sound, weight-loss efforts after her pregnancy with son Axl (now 1 year old), and her Latina background, saying “I’m very proud to be part Mexican.” Keep scrolling to see the singer’s must-read quotes, then relive Fergie and Josh’s recent beach vacation.
- On her Hispanic heritage: “I’m very proud to be part Mexican. I’m one of a growing number of Hispanics in America, but you wouldn’t necessarily know it. This is becoming the norm, and it’s the beauty of our melting pot.”
- On getting fit after having her son, Axl: “After my pregnancy I took private dance classes for months to get movement back into my body. We built a dance studio in our house — it’s the best gift I’ve ever given myself! I didn’t want to be awkward and embarrassed in front of people, so I worked the kinks out at home.”
- On what we can expect from her new music: “I see the world through Axl’s eyes, so it’s all about good times and good vibes. With all the negativity in the world, I want to do something positive.”
- On her new fragrance, Outspoken Fresh: “Scent is exciting — it’s like wearing a whole new outfit. Everything Axl likes is colorful, so I knew the bottle needed to be aqua with a pop of orange.”
- On her Latin beauty icon: “One of my beauty idols was Selena [Quintanilla], who had the most beautiful lips. I overline my lips a bit — I completely admit it. I really like the look!” [Source]